Sunday 29 January 2012

Fake chicken noodle soup

Me and the boyfriend were poorly so I made a meal with everything I could think of to make our cold's go away: chilli, garlic, ginger, veg (pak choi, carrots and spring onions), tofu and Sainsbury's basic chicken noodles. I'm not necessarily saying Sainsbury's basic noodles make you better but warm noodley mmm can.

I used two packets of noodles but took out one of the seasoning packets to make the flavouring less strong. There was enough flavour in it anyway without any seasoning packets and I still can't eat the noodles without my head going 'is this chicken, is this chicken, is this what chicken tastes like?'. As a lifelong vegan it freaks me out a bit!

I made the tofu using this great method. It was so easy.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really good! I've been thinking about doing that for a while, buying the chicken flavoured noodles to use the flavouring as a vegan chicken stock, your soup looks delish, I'll have to give it a try! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...