Friday 20 January 2012

Birthday Cheesecake

I didn't have any candles to blow out for my birthday so when I went round to my parents house recently, they got out a cheesecake they had found in the health food shop. It's by 'Food Heaven..in association with swedish glace'.

My Dad helpfully (?) pointed out that it was 60grams of fat for the whole thing so if you imagine it is a clock then you can decide exactly how much fat you want to consume. Not really what I want to think about when I'm eating cake for my birthday :P Maybe I shouldn't have told you all either..

I thought it was quite small after my first experience of cheesecake being this strawberry cheesecake. When my parents told me we were having cheesecake I just assumed it would be bigger, especially after the fat content conversation (thanks Dad). However, I think this cheesecake was just the right size for a small family of vegans like us. The strawberry cheesecake took a long time to eat up and these cheesecakes are best within the first 24 hours of less (still yum later but different texture). The Food Heaven cheesecake is frozen and you defrost it for 60 minutes before eating. It tastes like lemon cream biscuits which sounds a bit obvious now that I write it. I can't wait to try the berry version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...