Wednesday 10 November 2010

Sugar high leads to advent calendars

Advent Calendars!! A bit early I know but as someone who has little experience of chocolate advent calendars I get very excited when I see a vegan one. Last month my mum kindly bought me and my sister dairy free advent calendars off of the veganstore website. They had a deal where it was cheaper to buy them early. So it has been sat on my desk for a while now.


Today, to escape the boyfriends loud music and game playing (well that's the excuse I am using) I went to Starbucks to do some reading for uni. For some reason I do concentrate very well when I am in Starbucks on my own despite how busy it is. I've had a Starbucks card for a while now since I found any extras you choose to have are free, when you pay with it. Which means free soya milk which saves you about 35p. I think thats how much it saves but I haven't paid for the soya milk for a while obviously. I thought I would be adventurous and try a syrup. I had a peppermint mocha that was advertised on the menu as one of the suggested christmas drinks. More Christmas!


I thought the peppermint was a little excessive. I could really taste the peppermint and barely taste the coffee and choc. It was enjoyable but I think if I had it again I would ask for just a little bit of peppermint as I saw them put in a few big squirts of the syrup. The syrup is basically sugar and I'm not great with caffeine so I was definitely on a high after that drink.

The Starbucks I went to is part of a Sainsbury's. I read on the UK part of the PPK forum about Sainsbury's doing a vegan advent calendar by choices dairy free chocolate. I'd had the choices caramel chocolates before and they are yum! After Starbucks I couldn't help going on a wander round the shop and came across the advent calendars that have just been put on the shelves in the free-from section of the shop.


So now I have two advent calendars. Is that overdoing it? Well after years of not having chocolate calendars I feel I need to catch up. Well that's my excuse anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...