Wednesday 3 November 2010

Convenience food

Being vegan does not necessarily mean living off home made salad, soaked chickpeas and rice, although I do like those things. Sometimes I just need some food fast. Sainsbury's have had a 2 for 1 deal on innocent veg pots. Most also had 50p off vouchers on the packaging for next time. Many of these pots are labelled as suitable for vegetarians and vegans. They are a filling and as far as i'm aware healthy meal. I had one today because I needed something quick and filling to help me write up an observation. The only problem I have with them is the packaging. If only they could make them recyclable! They have quirky suggestions on the packaging for ways to reuse the pots but in reality they often smell too much like curry even after a good scrub to be used for many suggestions. So far I have used a pot for our communal money collecting (for loo rolls and cleaning products). I've considered using them for food storage but I don't want everything to taste like curry even if I do love curry. I could maybe use them as flower pots like this glass jar here with my £1.50 flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...