Sunday 28 November 2010

The new way to fondue

I often go with the boyfriend to his mums house for a roast on a Sunday. She has always fed me well for the 4 years and almost a half that I have been going out with her son. This Sunday she surprised us with a do it yourself style meal. She handed me a plate of roast potatoes and Linda McCartney sausages. I went into the dining room to find a little burner in the center of the table and two plates of vegetables. Out of the kitchen she came with a pan of hot oil. We were going to batter our own veg then fry it. She found a recipe for vegan batter online. The result was great fun. For some reason I kept forgetting to put my veg in the batter so made more veg chips than battered veg! I think we were fairly agreed that sweet potato and onion were the best.
Fried, battered broccoli


Veg and bowl of batter

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...