Saturday 20 November 2010

Too many bananas = happy low fat banana cake

I'm not a big fruit fan. I do sometimes like to eat bananas but I often buy too many but then don't always remember to eat them until they get a bit too ripe. I often do this on purpose though so that I can make lovely banana treats!

Below are pictures of my all-bran cake that I make often as it is really simple to measure (one mug of this, one mug of that). It is also fairly fail safe so it is possible to experiment. I tried putting a whole banana in the middle of the cake this time and it sunk a bit so I'm not sure if I would do it again. I often eat this cake for breakfast. The recipe is from "So what do you eat?" by Liz Cook. I used half a mug of mashed banana and half of sultanas.

This time I tried freezing half the cake as its just me eating it. The cake texture went a bit strange and the banana went odd. It is better than wasting half of it but it is better fresh.



One final piece of advice. It takes a long time to cook (about 1 hour 15mins). It needs the time to dry out. My advice is to set a timer as its easy to forget about it. Don't leave it for two hours like I did with the last one. Although, it was still edible  and tasty inside the crispy shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...