Wednesday 17 November 2010

Curry

Tonight I had curry delivered from Planet India in Brighton. I used to walk past it all the time but never got around to trying it. My mum gave It is a purely vegetarian and vegan restaurant that also does take away and delivery. I ordered Ketchoris (yum), cumin rice (yum), mombai potato curry (hmm), tardka dall with a little bit of spinach curry (hmm soupy).
It was spicy. The free poppadoms were very oily.

I wasn't sure about the food but it depends on the sort of curry you like. The potatoes were creamy. I liked the cumin rice but I personally prefer having plain rice with curry and that wasn't an option. The customer service was good. They were friendly and patient when I got the address wrong and had to call them back (I was at a friends house).

I gave the left over tardka dall and cumin rice to my dad and he enjoyed it.

My sister made curry in bulk today. Here is her picture with the food on her pretty plate she painted at a paint pottery cafe with me before she started uni.

1tbs oil
1 large onion, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
2tbs curry paste
1/2 cauliflower cooked and broken into chunks
1 can of chickpeas drained
Small tin kidney beans
1 large potatoes, diced
400g chopped tomatoes

Cook the potatoes for about 10 mins, add cauliflower, cook till both soft.
Fry onion and garlic.
Add everything else
Mix all together!
Serve!

Bit of a vague recipe but a good one. You can add pretty much any vegetables, beans or lentils. Lentils take about 20 minutes so add early and add some water or stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...