Friday 12 November 2010

New products

This is a new bar I found in Julian Graves that is labeled as vegan. I ate it on my commute to uni. It was tasty. Quite sugary. More of a treat than something to sustain you.
For tea I was excited to have a new Linda McCartney product that was labeled as vegan friendly. The vegetarian chilli with potato wedges. I was a bit hungry after the long day at uni but thought I would wait a bit before making it as I thought it would be quick as it is a ready meal style. I was so wrong. I read the packet to find the minimum cooking time was 35 minutes in the oven. It actually still was frozen in the middle after this time and took about an hour. This is probably because I didn't preheat the oven. I'm not a fan of electric ovens. The resulting food was ok but not worth the wait when I was hungry. I added some broccoli for colour and a different taste. I would have it again with more advanced preparation (remembering to preheat the oven).

1 comment:

  1. I wish there was a Julian Graves here, I definitely need to get my hands on some of those crumble bars.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...