Monday 1 November 2010

A soup in time saves 9

I went to a Halloween party at a friends house last night. So much fun! I was tired today and therefore dangerous. I managed to bump into a few things and knock over the mop and bucket filled with water all over our kitchen floor. I gave up on studying and decided to try and achieve simpler things so used my day to prep a little food for the week. This means when I properly get into studying tomorrow I will work hard and won't have to spend time trying to find energizing food.

For lunch I had left over cous cous from the night before and had it with chickpeas, sweetcorn, dressing (vinegar and soy sauce) and then half way through added vegan garlic mayonnaise.

There is still some cous cous left for another meal. Cous cous is super simple as you just put some in a bowl, cover with water (roughly one centimeter above the cous cous) and leave for a few minutes. Even simpler when its already had herbs and spices added so instant healthy tasty food.

I also made leek and potato soup. I made a big batch to use up leeks I had bought cheaply. I literally just used potatoes, leeks, stock cube and water. Cooked the potatoes for 10 mins in the stock and water, added the leeks for another 6 minutes then blended. I made enough for 5 cylindrical pots and some in a mug for a bedtime snack tonight. I will freeze most of them and defrost when I need to.

This was what I had for tea. Onion, garlic clove and peppers fried then water, noodles and kidney beans. I also put in ginger powder and peri peri hot sauce. I added a bit too much hot sauce.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...