Tuesday 2 November 2010

Mac n Cheese curiosity

I've never actually seen anyone eat mac n cheese. Maybe it isn't very British? I don't know.

I've also never had cheese before and don't like the smell and I'm guessing the taste wouldn't make me feel good either.

So why on earth do I have a fascination with mac n cheese?? It could just be the name.

So I bought some vegan cheese sauce and tried that and just about got through it but it was too cheesy for me and made me feel sick.

Then I searched online and found Happy Herbivore's soy-free mac n cheese. Result! I did make it with soya milk. I added too much turmeric which at first I thought it was a bad thing but then thought it made it better because it looked more like junk food and healthy junk food is never a bad thing. I also added red pepper for colour.

2 comments:

  1. I never liked mac n cheese much before I was vegan and now I am so obsessed with it. I love the mac daddy recipe in the veganomicon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love it pre-veag. Even the trashy tins of it you get in UK supermarkets. Yours looks good! And I like the alpro bowl.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...